7 foods to relieve stress
Updated: Jan 19, 2018
Prolong or high level of stress has profound negative effect on the body causing symptoms of low energy, fatigue, overeating, low mood...
Here are top 7 food to reduce effect of stress on your body:
1) Avocado provides close to 20 essential health-boosting nutrients, including potassium, vitamin E, B vitamins, and folate, and are helpful for regulating blood sugar levels.
2) Nuts such as almonds contain a variety of goodies known to be critical to mental health. Among them are the B vitamin folate and the amino acid tyrosine, a precursor to the neurotransmitter dopamine. Then there's magnesium, which contributes to many enzymes that power the brain's intense metabolic activity.
3) Dark Leafy greens like spinach are rich in folate, which helps your body produce mood-regulating neurotransmitters, including serotonin and dopamine. Also an excellent source of magnesium.
4) Organic or wild caught Salmon a great source of essential fatty acids (EFAs) particularly DHA known for its effect on brain function.
5) Organic Turkey breast high in amino acid Tryptophan which is a building block for serotonin.
6) Fermented food containing high levels of probiotics contribute to gut health and mood balance.
7) Dark chocolate; there's a chemical reason behind it called anandamide, a neurotransmitter produced in the brain that temporarily blocks feelings of pain and depression.
Try this super awesome smoothie:
Chocolate avocado dream smoothie
1½ cups Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
½ Avocado pitted and scooped out.
1 frozen Banana
2 Tbs Raw Cacao or cocoa powder
1 Tbs Honey
1/4 cup fresh or frozen leafy greens
put all ingredients in blender and enjoy!
Your's in Health,
Dr Tannaz Mokhtari ND.